Again, for your hacking pleasure, scoured the vast internet to find the best tips and tricks for your Samsung Blackjack II (SGH-i617).
In case you missed it, I recently did a tips and tricks post for your Samsung Blackjack I (SGH-i607), so if you’ve got one of those I highly recommend you check out that post for some awesome hacks and how-to’s.
Delete Large Amounts of Text Quickly: With your cursor at the end of your text, hold down the “caps/shift” key, click UP on the D-Pad until you reach the top of the message (or however far you want to delete). Once all the text you want to delete is highlighted, hit the “backspace” key once! Presto! All gone!
Create New Text Messages with Speed Dial: There are always those couple people in your phone that you text all the time .. Creating a new Text message on the Blackjack II can be annoying (Going to Messages, New Text Message, Add Recipients, Search for your recipient, Select recipient … not to mention all the load time between those steps).
Here’s what you do:
1. Go to “Contacts”
2. Select the Contact (Center D-Pad button)
3. Highlight “Send text message”
4. Click “Menu” (Right soft key)
5. Select “Add Speed Dial” (Second from the bottom)
6. Change keypad assignment to the desired Speed Dial number
7. Select “Done” (Left soft key)
When you’re on the home screen, hold down the corresponding Speed Dial number key (you don’t need to press Fn) . This will open up the standard “Call Search” screen, keep holding the Speed Dial number key down. After 2 seconds a blank Text Message will open with the correct recipient already added.
Note, if you use a two-digit Speed Dial number (Ex. 24), from the home screen, type in the first number (Ex. 2) and then press and hold the second number (Ex. 4) until the new Text Message screen appears.
This same technique can be used to add Speed Dial to Call or E-mail; In Step 3, highlight the function you want to add Speed Dial to.
Turn Off the Backlight: To force the backlight off, press and hold the “Messages” hard button!
Zoom In On Your Screen: The Samsung Blackjack II has a built in “Zoom” feature that can come in handy for those of you with eyes as poor as mine.
1. Hold down the Camera hard button and your Blackjack II will Zoom in on the screen.
2. Use Volume Up/Down to Zoom In and Out.
3. Press the D-Pad Select button to select the “scroll” method (horizontal, vertical, zig-zag).
4. Use the Left and Right Select buttons to increase and decrease the scroll speed.
5. Press the D-Pad and select the “X” to exit from the Zoom feature.
Check out the great video on YouTube for a demo!
Select Multiple Files in the File Explorer:To select multiple items in the File Explorer (Applications > File Explorer), hold down the “Shift” key while pressing Up or Down on the D-Pad. You will be able to select multiple files and cut, copy, delete or send/beam them all at once!
Restore Factory Default Settings: To restore factory default settings:
1. Turn off your Blackjack II
2. Press the Up button on the D-pad
3. While holding the Up button on the D-pad, turn the Blackjack 2 back on
4. You should immediately see instructions on how to restore your phone to factory settings
Note: if you see the at&t and 3g animations, try again - most likely you were not pressing the Up button on the D-pad when you turned the phone back on.
Navigate “Settings” Quickly: When paging through the “Settings” menu, click “left” and “right” in the D-Pad to move through pages instead of selecting the “More…” menu option.
Fn Key Shortcut: A short cut for… a button? You got it! Instead of pressing the Fn (Function) key to gain access to your numbers or symbols while in “abc” mode - just hold down the key for 2 seconds.
Have some tricks you’d like to add to the list? Tell us all about it!